- Established in the year 1937 by Dr. Probhat Chandra Chakraborty at 34 Alipore Road, Calcutta-27. The firm, after being granted the Drugs License, was named ‘Mendine Pharmaceutical Works’ after ‘Mendine’, the first product of the firm.
- Gradually, the firm evolved into a partnership company having four partners: – Dr. Probhat Chandra Chakraborty, Shree Adhir Kumar Chakraborty, Shree Probodh Kumar Chakraborty and Shree Sushil Kumar Chakraborty. Dr. Probhat Chandra Chakraborty himself took over the role of the Managing Partner.
- In 1975 the Company was converted to Private Limited and renamed as ‘Mendine Pharmaceuticals (P) Ltd.’, having its registered office at 36 A&B Alipore Road, Calcutta-27 with Shri. Probodh Kumar Chakraborty as the Managing Director.
- The company was granted the license of a Bonded Manufactory and was engaged in the manufacture of pharmacopoeia tinctures, spirits and proprietary preparations.
- In 1964 the factory shifted to its current premises at Dakghar, Maheshtala, which has become the heart of the production department.
- Today, the company has branches at Varanasi, Patna, Jamshedpur, Cuttack, Guwahati, and Agartala.
- About two hundred employees are employed in the factory, head office and branch offices.