The year 1937, marked the establishment of a firm with Dr Probhat Chandra Chakrabortyat 34, Alipore Road. The firm was involved in the formulation of an ointment composed of methyl salicylate and iodine, which was named as ‘Mendine’, and the company, was eponymously titled as ‘Mendine Pharmaceutical Works’.
It was formed as a partnership company that consisted of four partners: Shri. Adhir Kumar Chakraborty, Shri. Sushil Kumar Chakraborty, Shri. Probodh Kumar Chakraborty and Dr. Probhat Chandra Chakraborty. Dr Chakraborty himself took over the reins as the Managing Partner. The firm was converted into a Private Limited Company in 1975 and rechristened as ‘Mendine Pharmaceutical (P) Ltd’ with Shri. Probodh Kumar Chakraborty as the Managing Director. Since then the company has come a long way.